Welcome to the Cambridge folk home page
These pages are intended to tell you about the folky things you can do in and around
If you wanted Cambridge, MA, USA then try here.
If you wanted the Cambridge Folk Festival then try here.
- French dancing happens from time to time (mostly Wednesdays, I think), see here
- The Cambridge International Club do
all sorts of things, but in particular they dance on Monday evenings 8:30-10:30 at St Columba's Hall (entrance
from Downing Place - off Downing Street)
- The Capriol Society dance dances from the European Courts from the 14th to 17th centuries. They
meet at 7:45-9:45 on Tuesdays, at St Mark's Church hall, Barton Road.
Line Dance, Square Dance
Music and Song
These come and go, so this is probably out of date, but
- On Monday evenings there is an Irish session in the White Swan, Mill Road, Cambridge.
- The King William IV in Histon has a singaround at 8.30 on the first Tuesday of the month.
- Cambridge Comhaltas run Irish fiddle/accordion/bodhran lessons on Wednesday evenings at the Rathmore club on Cherry Hinton Road.
- Swaffam Prior Folk Club has a session in the Red Lion on the second Wednesday of the month. (8-11: contact Phil on 01638 741743)
- The Plough and Fleece in Horningsea (CB25 9JG) has a session at 8.30 on Thursdays
- Burwell Folk Club at the Ex Service & Social Club has a session on the fourth Thursday of the month from 8-11pm
- The Labour club (Mill Rd/Coleridge Rd) has an Irish session on Sunday evenings
- The Hardwicke Arms in Arrington has a session on alternate Sunday afternoons (run by Nigel Pennick -- keepinguptheday AT gmail DOT com)
- Join the Yahoo Cambridge-folk-sessions mailing list
- Cambridge Cafe Band Co-op not sure it counts as a session, but it's a chance to play folk music
- Guilden Morden has a church that runs Folk Nights on the first Saturday of the month
Annual folk music course at Burwell