The Birthday Dance
an improper duple minor contra
- balance and swing on the side
- lines go forward and back
- 1s gypsy right once and a half to end in the middle of a line facing up
- lead up the set 4 in line, middles turn as couples, ends turn alone
is this the only Contra where a line leads up rather than down?
- lead back, bend the line
- circle left
- circle right half way, California twirl partner.
Written on his birthday, December 1984
Published in Dizzy Dances volume II
Go to dance index