By Hugh Stewart
- 1s do si do
- do si do on the side, and a little bit more
- In those columns (ladies inside, men outside, ones facing down, twos up): promenade
- and back, and left turn your neighbour once
- Ladies allemande right once and a half
- swing your partner
- Circle left three quarters
- swing your neighbour
Alton Gay complained that while Ted Sannella's Reading Reel was a great dance it had no swing. This is
an attempt to fit a swing in (well, two swings actually).
Penn Fix would complain that this dance encourages sloppy dancing by forcing the allemande left on the end
of the promenade to squeeze into the promenade's ration of music and maybe overflow into that of the allemande
right, and then follow that up with a circle three-quarters into a swing which means the swing will
almost certainly start ahead of the phrase of music.
Go to dance index