By Hugh Stewart
- Mirror do si do, ones inside
- ones allemande right (in four steps), allemande left on the side (in four steps)
- Men allemande right some amount and swing someone.
- Twice around is probably about right; less than once is cheating, more than twice and a half is overdoing it
- If the men swing each other than they should end above the ladies, facing down with the first man on the left.
- Circle left about once until the twos are above the ones
- twos swing and end facing up
- you are now progressed, don't worry if the ones are on the wrong side
- Circle left with the next couple
- ones swing and end facing down
Written for Thomas Green, first danced at his last dance in Cambridge (on 5th July 1996) before
leaving Cambridge. Thomas was one of the founders of the Cambridge Contra Dance group.
Magenta is the colour you get when you take away Green.
Go to dance index