The Wizard's Walk
By Ruth Ungar
- Circle left half way; balance in the ring
- repeat to get home
- In your rings of four, starting on the side: grand chain 5 places, gypsy partner left
- i.e. chain right round, then one more chain to progressed place, then gypsy
- Balance and swing partner, ending facing away from the couple you have been dancing with
- Wizard's walk: 1s separate and go down outside 2s, meet and continue down to split
next 2s; 1s now separate and back up outside those 2s, meet and back through previous 2s ready to
form the circle to start the dance again
- the 2s should oscillate in and out to make room
- for the Lizard Walk variant the 2s can move up the set and back to share the work with the ones.
Published in GEMS, the CDSS Diamond Jubilee contest book
Ruth wrote this dance to go to the tune of the same name written by her father Jay Ungar.
Go to dance index