Pioneer Polka Quadrille
- Head couples polka round the inside of the set, back to place, and end by placing the
two ladies in the centre facing their partners.
- Side couples polka round the head ladies, back to place, and end by placing
the side ladies in the centre as well.
- Men promenade round the ladies once and a bit to end taking left hands with their partners
and right with the next (their right hand lady)
- In this Alamo style ring all balance forward and back, and half turn partner by the left
- balance again and do a full turn by the left
- Note that the second turn is a full turn in four steps and needs determination
- into a four ladies chain across and back
- As you come out of the four ladies chain the men pass the ladies on to the next man as they
turn and collect a new partner from behind; all promenade once round the set.
Published in Balance and Swing
Go to dance index