Christmas Eve Quadrille
By Tom Hinds
- Head couples half right and left through
- side couples lead out to their right and circle to head lines
- Lines go forward and back; in fours half right and left through up and down the set
- In those fours: a hey for four, starting by men passing right (which is awkward, but
sets up for...) men complete that hey with a wide sweeping turn to move to their corner
- Gypsy corner right; swing corner in the lady's place
Note that the men progress and the ladies stay put.
The dance is led by the side couples the third and fourth times through.
The author intended this to be danced to the tune "Jingle Bells"
Go to dance index